Saturday 12 December 2009

Magazine Names.

Through discussion and thought with my peers a number of different names have arose that could be appropriate for my magazine; as I want to create a magazine that would stick out and be drawn attention to I had to chose names that were unique, yet sophisticated and appropriate for the people that are going to read the piece.


When I was first thinking about names that would be appropriate for my magazine I originally thought of names that are assoicated with a variety of different sounds that people would here; however, I reconsidered this point when I thought that this idea would not be appropriate to the target market of my piece - a 21 year old male or female would be hesistant to open a magazine that was called Boink Magazine!


I then considered naming my magazine something musical related (Harmony and Melody would be two examples of this choice) the only issue that arose through this point was the genre of music - if the name that was given was seen as being inappropriate or have nothing to do with the genre of my magazine, the use of these names would be not needed.


As a working title, I decided that I was going to work with the title of Harmony Magazine; this will, more then likely be changed as the progression of my magazine continues due to the idea of that the name that I have chosen may not suit the genre of music or the content of the magazine that may be within my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment