Thursday 15 April 2010

Evaluation Activity 7. Looking back at your preliminary task (the school magazine task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?



I believe that between the completion of the preliminary task and that of my now finished coursework task I have altered and changed in several different ways which has made me able to achieve the higher, previously unreachable grade boundaries.
  • Since the creation of my original preliminary task, I discovered a variety of different and unique effects that I did not have previously. An example of this would be how I have created my front cover and had the character on the front cover shown in black and white, whereas his t-shirt (the striking orange colouring) is still very bright.
  • Another element that I have worked harder to achieve throughout the transition between my preliminary and my finished piece of coursework is that of opacity, before all my photographs were literally copy and pasted from the photographs that I had taken on my camera; now, however I have discovered that "messing" and experimenting with the opacity allows different effects to be felt across my magazine and allows the colour scheme to come across furthermore.
  • One of the most obvious changes that I have made between my preliminary task and that of my final coursework task is that I have begun to alter and change how I see the task - originally, my perception was to attempt to copy a magazine (which, in some respects did work well) however, as I carried on further and began experimenting with different layouts and graphology - a trait, which I believe comes across in my second contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment