Friday 9 October 2009

Preliminary Print.

To conclude our preliminary pieces that we are creating in class we were given the brief to design and create a magazine front cover and a contents page that would be appropriate to be sold or shown in Lutterworth College and schools in the immediate area.

During discussion about what each magazine should include I was thinking about previous experience that I got in Year 11; some of those pieces are shown below.




This first magazine that I created was designed in the ICT BTec that I was placed into for Year 10 and Year 11; we were given the brief to design a magazine that would be appropriate for showing and selling to any child. I decided that I would attempt to reconnect with children of today's world and compile a magazine front cover that would be appropriate to be sold in any news shop and I attempted to do so by incorporating a High School Music-esq theme into my magazine, as - at the time - the third installment of the film was being developed.


In the same class I was then given the brief to design a music magazine that would also be appropriate for teenagers and young adults.This time I thought about the magazines that were already available on the shelves - such as Kerrang! Magazine and Q Magazine, both of which I was very well educated. To finish off my original thoughts I decided that I would attempt at creating a magazine that was based on the best pieces of each of the magazines based around music that I had researched.


My final magazine that I designed previously was another music magazine. This time however, I created it in the induction week of Sixth Form for my Media coursework. I decided that unlike the previous magazine I was going to attempt to develop a more sophisticated, "grown up" magazine that - if produced - could rival Q Magazine and magazines of a similar genre. I decided that I would stick to a more mainstream audience - unlike the previous which would probably be considered to be a niche audience - and in the allocated time I produced this magazine cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment